Sunday, April 08, 2007

You can't go home again

Sacramento is beautiful! There are flowers blooming here that you can only grow inside in Utah. The Azaleas are stunning! The humidity is just right for wonderful flowers and my skin. I have often thought about moving back to Sacramento. I was born and reared here until I was twelve. My old, tired joints would appreciate the moderate temperatures. My dry, old skin would love the moisture in the air. My love of plants and gardening would certainly flourish here. I love the climate here, but there is something about this place that just doesn't sit well with me. I don't believe I will ever return here to live.
I have returned, this time, because one of my brothers has passed away. It has been good to see folks that I haven't seen in years. Some have changed so much I hardly recognized them and some haven't changed at all. I would probably fall into the "hardly recognized" category.

No comments: