This is a picture I took at the anti-war rally in SLC on Saturday. Terry Tempest Williams was the main speaker and Marshall Thompson spoke as well. Marshall walked the entire length of the state of Utah to bring attention to the problem of the war in Iraq. He should run for political office, he was a dynamic speaker. I came away from the rally re-energized about doing something to stop this madness. I will be attending a conference in DC this weekend to lobby my representatives personally to bring peace to our nation. I hope you will join me, in whatever way you can, in an effort to bring peace to our world. www.thepeacealliance.orgThis is the letter I just sent to my reps in Congress, feel free to use it if you want.
I must strongly voice my opposition to sending more troops to Iraq. This war in Iraq is immoral and threatens the security of our nation by fueling the fires of terrorism. Mr. Bush is incompetent and cannot be trusted to lead our nation. It is therefore, the responsibility of the Congress to take action to stop this abuse of our military men and women and the Iraqi people.
Our nation faces many threats and the war against Iraq has distracted us from dealing with them. Now we have a mess in the middle east of our own making and it must be solved. However, Mr. Bush has shone himself to be unable to deal with the threats to this nation in an intelligent way. Congress must take action to defend our nation. There are several intelligent alternative plans for solving this dire situation in Iraq. I urge you to look at them with an open mind and take this country in a different direction.
I urge you to look into your heart and do what is right. Put aside the politics that make this situation worse and take action for the good of our country, now.
No comments:
Post a Comment