Saturday, May 12, 2007

yellow roses


First of all, let me apologize for the long break in blog posts. How can I expect anyone to read my rambling, random thoughts if I don't post with some regularity? That said, I have a million excuses for not taking the time to post. The best one is that I love sitting in my back yard drinking coffee and watching my flowers bloom. As you can see, it is a beautiful sight. Coffee and flowers are two of the best things in this world, IMHO. If you throw in a game of fetch with Alice, my Labrador, it's a wonder I get anything done. One could argue that I don't get much of anything done unless it involves my yard.
Lately, I have had to admit my powerlessness over gardening. I know I have previously said I would never ever amit this, but I can no longer deny that I spend outrageous amounts of money on plants and on many days I work in my yard until I am so tired and sore I can hardly move. I will be starting a 12-step group soon, no doubt.
I do love to sit and enjoy the fruits of my labor though. Yea, a good cup of coffee, my pups and a yard full of flowers makes this life seem pretty damn good.
Peace

No comments: