Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Shrooms

I don't think this is a magic mushroom, but it seemed to be rather special sticking up in the middle of a sand dune. Found it while walking on a beach on Ocracoke Island.
Too cold to walk here at home. It has been in the teens and below zero at night. Even Moab is damn cold these days.
Getting ready for a trip to Washington D.C. I am participating in a conference for the Peace Alliance. I wish I could go early and march with the antiwar folks on Jan 29th. I haven't marched on Washington since 2000, that was the march for gay rights.
Ochid alert: I have another orchid getting ready to bloom. It's a Phalanopsis (moth orchid.) Hopefully, my camera will be back from the shop in time to take some pics and for DC too.
Peace to you all
kat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

I wish you could go earlier too. I love the pics and I missssss you badly.